Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Red Velvet Cupcakes

I have been wanting to try out this recipe, but couldnt find the time to do it. So, for m
y birthday (poor me, had to bake my 
own b'day cake!!), I baked some. My first attempt..... I was
 pleasantly surprised by the outcome. Best of all, it sticks to
 the paper cup ( I hated it when the cuppies refused to stay
 'glued' to the paper cups), though the batter was quite runny....Red Cupcake is  most
 popular in the Southern United States. It taste a bit chocolaty and sweeter than the normal vanilla cupcake.

Fresh from the oven. Didn't use too much coloring to mask the cocoa color (told you it's my firt time baking this...)


All dressed up...with  cream cheese icing....
My birthday cuppies on a cupcake stand.... those at the bottom are vanilla cupcakes with butter cream icing.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME.........


No comments: